To continue from my previous post, which collected Roy Cheung (張耀揚)'s press clippings from the year 2010, here are the ones from January - July 2011. He was still not engaged in acting during these months, but participated in several functions and events (mostly in mainland China) as a celebrity, and also was spotted on the streets of Hong Kong a couple of times.
- 18 January 2011: Guest Appearance at Apple KTV's Anniversary Event in Zhenjian (鎮江), Jiangsu Province (江蘇省), China
- 2 April 2011: Guest Appearance in a Charity Concert at Inner Mongolia Agricultural University Auditorium, Hohhot (呼和浩特), Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region (内蒙古自治区), China
- 30 April 2011: Shopping in Hong Kong's Causeway Bay
- 22 June 2011: Guest Appearance in Opening Ceremony of Subway Taipa Branch, Macau
- 14 July 2011: Bumping into Conroy Chan (陳子聰) and Josie Ho (何超儀) in Hong Kong's Causeway Bay
Read more for the details of each event.
Roy and Hong Kong actor/singer Kenny Ho (何家勁) were invited to Apple KTV (a high-end karaoke bar and restaurant)'s anniversary event in Zhenjian City. In an interview with the local press, Roy jokingly said, "If I don't play villains, who will?" but also made it clear that he was just an ordinary person in real life. He then confessed that he would "like to be in a film about Genghis Khan and hope to meet a good director, though everything depends on fate."
- 2 April 2011: Guest Appearance in a Charity Concert at Inner Mongolia Agricultural University Auditorium, Hohhot (呼和浩特), Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region ( 内蒙古自治区), China (Source: duuchin.com)
I don't know what exactly he did here, but Roy is pictured on stage with 黑駿馬組合 (Literal Translation: Black Sturdy Horses Group), a local band who hosted this charity gig held in the capital of Inner Mongolia. Over 2,000 people attended. Maybe it was his love for Genghis Khan that led Roy to Inner Mongolia?
- 30 April 2011: Shopping in Hong Kong's Causeway Bay (Source: HK Headline)
Roy was "papped" in and around a Watson's drug store in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, where he purchased some toiletry products. This itself is hardly a news piece, but the publisher put it together with a report on Remus Choi (蔡一傑)'s car crash incident which happened the next morning...even though these two stories are not interrelated whatsoever. Huh...
- 22 June 2011: Guest Appearance in Opening Ceremony of Subway Taipa Branch, Macau (Source: Macao Daily, Shimin Daily/Jornal Do Cidadao)
Roy was a guest at the opening ceremony of a Subway (global sandwich chain) branch on Taipa Island, Macau. The ceremony included a traditional Chinese lion dance.
- 14 July 2011: Bumping into Conroy Chan (陳子聰) and Josie Ho (何超儀) in Hong Kong's Causeway Bay (Source: Next Media)
Roy was spotted in the busy Causeway Bay shopping district once again. (That's the "turf" for which his character Crow was fighting, against Ekin Cheng's Chan Ho-Nam in "Young and Dangerous 3", by the way.) This time, Roy was with a male friend, and bumped into Mr and Mrs Conroy Chan who were on their way to City's Super supermarket in the Times Square shopping mall. The three entertainers chatted for a few minutes, while Roy's friend kept some distance.